Monday, January 24, 2011

Trek to Panchachuli in October 2005


Panchachuli is a cluster of five hills in the Garhwal region of Uttranchal. It is very sacred for these people.  Here is one of the peaks of Panchachuli, visible on way to Dharchula, our base for the trek.  Dharchula is the International Border with Nepal. 



This is a reflection of our trek coordinator Kirti in the glasses of one of the teammates.


Our first halt, I do not remember the name.  But one thing I remember is that the ladies of the house were getting prepared for the winter season.  This small girl, I do not remember how many rounds she had completed to collect this fodder.




Cows returning home


shadow of cloud on the peak



our porter ponies having their meals after a hectic day.


On the second day of our trek, I encountered this beautiful cobra , thought it is alive but found  crushed. 


This rock appears to be a head of an old woman. 
The layers in the stone shows the formation of the stone.


I just focussed on this stone which was lying down in the river at the distance of about 50 feets
but amazed to see what my handicam captured in its lens. 
I found it to be a perfect female face but for some it is a big fish. 
No two people think alike.

This is  face in the mountain constantly looking at the above female face.


This appears a huge toe of an animal. 
I call it impression of Yeti's foot.



So cute - the shephard dog.


It was calling to its mother or a companion - do not know.



The migration to the lower hills with their baggage . 






We visted Sela village.  I still remember the steep climbing - huff huff


The locked houses.


Our last stop - Dugtu. 
We stayed in the Dugtu Post Office and posted letters to our near ones. 
 My sister received my letter 25 days after my return. 
 But the letter bears the stamp of this Post Office.



Dugtu village.


We reached Sella after 14 Kilometers of walk.

One return I exhausted the battery of my handicam so couldn't clicked any pix while returning.
 The quality of the pix is not good, but this was my first endeavour to capture the memories. 
 I missed many moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment